The Hospital's laboratory is part of a section of clinical and medical services that offers comprehensive diagnosis and analysis of specimen to clients. The laboratory staff is highly skilled and competent, selected through a rigorous staff recruitment process of to evaluate individual competency and commitment to patient care.
With 24 hour coverage by a highly specialized, experienced and trained team, the laboratory offers dedicated medical and diagnostic services using fully automated, state-of-the-art laboratory equipment managed by an in-house pathologist. It offers services that facilitate patient diagnosis and monitoring and evaluation of treatment progress.
Tests that are done in house include:
- Haematology services (includes full blood count, coagulation profile, sickling test, haemoglobin CD4/CD8)
- Immunohaematology services (includes blood grouping, screening & transfusion)
- Clinical chemistry services (includes liver function tests, kidney function, cardiac enzymes, lipid profile including cholesterol tri-glyceride and other lipids, glucose tolerance test for diabetes)
- Immuno-chemistry services (includes thyroid function test, hormonal profile, Hepatitis screening, direct antibody tests-H.Pylori, TPHA, Syphylis, salmonella antigen)
- Microbiology services- this includes microscopic examination, culture and sensitivity for bacterial diagnosis from various specimen including urine, stool, sputum and pus swab
- Histopathology & Cytology services for confirmatory diagnosis of various diseases including cancer