The Aga Khan Hospital, Mombasa (AKH,M)
Aga Khan Hospital, Mombasa is a Safecare Level 5 certified secondary care hospital providing 24-hour inpatient and emergency services in the Coast Region of Kenya.
The Aga Khan Heath Service in Kenya is dedicated to providing quality patient care with special attention to access, affordability, clinical excellence, patient safety for the communities it serves.
The Aga Khan Hospital in Mombasa features:
- A resident medical delivery model through a team of well-qualified resident and sessional consultants. The patient-centred model is supported by robust diagnostic services manned by highly qualified staff.
- High quality services as evidenced by international quality accreditation, which includes ISO 9001:2015 by Bureaus Veritas Quality International (BVQI, ISO 15189 by the South African National Accreditation System (SANAS), HACCP and HALAL certification.
- A seamless referral service for patients requiring tertiary services at Aga Khan University hospital, both in Nairobi and Karachi.
- A new Catheterisation Laboratory (CathLab), which is the only one of its kind that serves the Coast Region on Cardiac Emergencies.
- Day-care chemotherapy department, which offers dedicated services and a safe and ambient state of the art facility.
- A state-of-the-art 1.5 Tesla MRI with upgrade software on Oncology and Cardiology.
- Electrophysiology service.
- Patient-centred care through a focus on service delivery excellence.
- Investments in quality medicine, including medical equipment focusing on healthcare improvement and healthcare informatics, highly trained medical personnel and quality medical services.
- Standardized, transparent and controlled charges with itemized billing.
- Patient safety and quality programs.
- An automated operator system with a patient's database readily available.
- 24-hour security surveillance with alarm back-up and controlled entry.